In our company, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Homebuyer Report is the most common type of report we are instructed to carry out.
When you are buying your home, this is considered to be the minimum survey you should have to advise you on the condition of the property.
- It’s an economical survey designed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors that covers the main defects in a building in a concise fashion.
- This type of survey has a simple to understand scoring system on the condition of each of the main parts of the building.
- This is not suitable for very old houses or houses constructed from unusual materials such as steel or concrete. This type of report includes a market valuation.
- It is very popular for traditionally built houses and flats.
- It should be easy to read and easy to understand.
After the surveyor has inspected the property, both inside and out, a report will be prepared. The report is colour coded Red, Amber & Green, like a traffic light system. This is an illustrative way of easily identifying any major issues concerning the state of repair of specific elements in the building, each of which have their own section in the report and are considered fully.
It is intended that this report will provide you with a general overview of the state of repair of the subject property and it will state any major defects. The report also provides you with a valuation figure, ie. How much we think the property is worth, this may assist you with the purchase price you agree. A fire reinstatement cost is also provided.
- A Concise, easy to read and understand report. A general overview which will consider any major defects/repairs necessary. There will be Photographs provided.
- The report is colour coded, this is an obvious and clear way to illustrate defects and the general state of repair, at a glance.
- Ideally suited for traditionally built, un-extended residential properties which have been reasonably well maintained.
- This report will provide you with the information which should assist you in making the right decisions when purchasing a property. It is our middle report we carry out and is competitively priced.